|Forums:||Index → General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion → "Female" feedback required: Why do you (females) feel ashamed to admit that you're a duelist, I don't understand what the big deal is?|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 3250 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
Hello ladies and gentlemen! :)
- I believe in equality and this question has been bothering me for quite some time. Please understand that this query was not posted to be a blog where "men" are better than "women". On the contrary, its purpose is far from it. Although this query was originally specifically geared towards generating responses from "females", "males" may also respond to this query (please specify if you're "male" in this case) too. If you do not want me to know your gender, I respect your decision should you decide to remain ambigious.
Furthermore, I would like to sincerely thank everyone for their feedback regarding this matter, I really appreciate them! :) I'm looking forward to reading the results! :)
Why do "females" feel ashamed to admit that they're duelist?
- So why the heck do you have female and male in quotes? And why not use the word MAN and WOMAN? Runer5h (talk • contribs) 15:47, May 15, 2011 (UTC)Runer5h
- The reason is that the words "Man" and "Woman" designates a specific age, where the words "Male" and "Female" does not designate any specific age.
I sincerely apologize if there is any "contraversy" or "issue" with the wording. This wasn't my intention, I just chose a word that covered the broad spectrum of ages (boy/girl, teenager, and adult).
- You do have a good point, there are a lot of duelists where i go to school at (even though it is a college) and i've only met four people that admit they are a duelist. I realize that this is jus coming from my point of view, and it could just be cause im a guy, but out of thos four i know its pretty even. I guess it's a matter of where you live, but it could just be because they give it up after a while.--elementalknight (talk • contribs) 15:00, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
The reason that I posted this query was because there is someone in my art class (I'm in college) and we had to create an "event" poster. I mentioned the idea of making a tournament poster, throwing the idea around of either...
(1) "Marvel vs Capcom 2" tournament poster
(2) "Yu-Gi-Oh!" tournament poster
Upon mentioning this, she was really interested in the "Yu-Gi-Oh!" poster idea. I asked her if she was "duelist" and she abruptly said "no" and shifted the conversation into another direction. I noticed this, but I didn't decide to return to the subject. You know how you sometimes talk to somebody and something about them (I can't describe it, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say)is saying "please change the subject, please change the subject, please change the subject...)
I didn't bring this topic up again, but, maybe I'm misinterpreting things; whatever. Hence, this query was eventually posted.
Honestly, I just want to know the answer to this question. I'm not out to make fun of "female" (read the disclaimer before this to understand why I'm using this word) duelist, as a matter of fact, it is to duel them. Yu-Gi-Oh! is for everyone and I just wish that "females" weren't ashamed to admit they are duelist.
I sincerely apologize for ranting on like this. It is May 16th 6:52PM now and I have yet to get a response from a "female". Even if this query doesn't get any "female" responses, at the very least I posted it in hopes to get an answer.
Once again, thank you very much for your assistance regarding this matter, I really appreciate them! :)