|Forums:||Index → General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion → "Drafting" Some Rules|
|Please sign your comments with ~~~~. See Help:Signature and Help:Talk pages for further information.|
|This forum thread has been unedited for 2905 days and is considered archived. Please don't add to the discussion, unless absolutely necessary.|
With the announcement of the Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, I thought it would be a good idea to implement some rules for sealed pack play at our locals. I just want to make it as simple as possible for everyone. Please tell me what you think!
Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Sealed Play Rules Price: $15
1. Each player receives five packs of Epic Dawn. The players use the cards they pull and they play with those cards throughout the tournament.
2. Each player starts with a four-card hand and 4000 Life Points.
3. Tournament matches are played in a round-robin style tournament.
4. The banlist is not in effect during the tournament because there are cards in Epic Dawn that are banned/limited by the current banlist.
Prizes include packs/Special Edition boxes, sleeves, or deck boxes.
Does it seem fair?
5 packs = 25 cards. Worst case scenario, a person can draft a total of 10 Xyz Monsters (5 from Pool 1 and 5 from pool 5), giving them a total possible main deck pool of 15 cards. The product page recommends each player using 9 packs, which is a potential pool of 45 cards, of which a maximum of 18 can be Xyz, leaving them with a worst-case main deck pool of 27 cards. As for play, I'd play it similar to draft play at Sneak peeks. That is to say 20-30 card decks but normal rules apply (minus banlist, of course.)
looks like some fair rules.
here's my opinion:
the hole idea behind battle packs sealed pack play ain't bad but i bet battle packs will be really expensive, and probably only buyed because of good cards. I hope it will be like a sneak peak or even real tournaments. And they should give you 65 cards(main+side+extra deck) and more available cards (because mirror duels sucks) and no stupid rules but just plain matches, or completely other rules. Maybe cooler tag duels or duels with 4 players free for all i hope you got some more ideas now Dark Elwin (talk • contribs) 18:30, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Battle Packs are only going to be $2 each. -- Summoned Skull 2: Electric Boogaloo 19:28, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
- How about put in max limitation on each Main/Extra Deck? Like unregistered member mentioned; you maybe get more Xyz Monster than Normal/Effect Monsters and s/t... --FredCat 19:30, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
In the US the battle packs will be $1.99 each, so compared to some other packs, not that expensive. Plus I can see these going the way of some of sneak peaks I've been to. People buy as many boxes as they want and make a deck from them to compete with and even if people are given a limit on how many they can buy I can see it being abused very easily, via trading or switching cards out for better cards they've already pulled because unless a Judge is constantly watching everyone then cheating will always happen in one form or another. That is if the organisers don't just take the more profitable way out and sell people entire boxes at the tournaments.--The FireFALL (talk • contribs) 19:54, February 7, 2012 (UTC)