Having translated the effects of Dark Marik's God card, "The Sun Dragon Ra", Kaiba calculated a 13% probability of his Deck defeating it. To improve his chances, he developed a strategy involving "Devil's Sanctuary" and attempted to win "Slifer the Sky Dragon" from Dark Yugi in the semifinals. His failure to defeat Dark Yugi led to Dark Yugi facing Dark Marik in the finals, with a success probability Kaiba calculated as being 3%. Despite disapproving of Dark Yugi losing after defeating him, Kaiba later expressed no interest in who won or lost the final.
As Kaiba prepared to activate explosives for the sinking of Alcatraz for the last act of Battle City, he was interrupted by Ishizu Ishtar, who pleaded with him to help Dark Yugi. He was unmoved by her claims of destiny and likening of his and Dark Yugi's relationship to that of Priest Seto and the pharaoh. When he saw how she was willing to give her life in failing to save her brother, Marik, he was reminded of himself in a previous Duel with Dark Yugi and decided to help. He gave the "Devil's Sanctuary" card to Dark Yugi, but told himself and Ishizu it was out of motivation to disprove the notion of miracles and Dark Yugi's ideology that friendship can bring victory. With "Devil's Sanctuary", he calculated Dark Yugi's odds of winning to be 20%.
The following cards were used in this Duel:
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 177: "The Dark God is Born!"
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 191: "Light from the Future!!"
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 205: "The Entrusted Card"
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 180: "Cross Purposes!"
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 204: "The Monster of Victory or Defeat"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 205: "The Entrusted Card"
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 206: "Showdown in the Heavens!"
|This article is a stub. You can help the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia by expanding it.|