- Every version of this card but the RDS one has been translated "Saigneur Vampire" in French, instead of "Seigneur Vampire". Saigneur is a pun on bleeding (in French: saigner).
- This monster appears in the artwork of "Mark of the Rose".
- Before the release of "Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End", this was the most expensive non-promo card.
- This monster is one of three male 'noble' undead creatures, the other two being "Patrician of Darkness" and "Vampire's Curse".
- All three monsters also have 2000 ATK.
- This card creates an eternal loop with "Vampire Hunter". The moment the two monsters battle, "Vampire Hunter" will destroy "Vampire Lord" by its effect and subsequently, "Vampire Lord" will return by its own effect. This loop is likely an allusion to the Castlevania video game series by Konami, and the eternal conflict between the Belmont Clan and the antagonist Dracula, from which "Vampire Hunter" and "Vampire Lord" draw inspiration from.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.