- This card's artwork is taken from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 162: "Descent of the God!", specifically from the panel where Mai Kujaku Tribute Summons "The Sun Dragon Ra".
- This card's artwork in Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef of Destruction is taken from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 163: "The Rise of Ra!", specifically from the title page showing "The Sun Dragon Ra" in its sphere mode.
- This card's Summoning condition and "control-swapping" condition is a reference to the Duel between Yami Marik and Mai Valentine in the original manga and anime, where Mai took "The Winged Dragon of Ra" from Marik and Tribute Summoned it herself, but was unable to attack with it, followed by Marik chanting the hieratic text on Ra's card, allowing him to take control of it and unlock it from its Sphere Mode.
- Its Special Summon effect also references Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef of Destruction, as the player first unlocks its Sphere Mode, and then must unlock its Battle Mode, which has 4000 ATK.
- Alongside "Holactie the Creator of Light", this is the only monster to have ? ATK and ? DEF without a method of calculating its original ATK/DEF, leaving them both stuck at 0.
- This is the first card that a player can Normal Summon to the opponent's side of the field.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.