- This monster is the "Wicked God" version of the "Egyptian God" "Obelisk the Tormentor".
- In some English Yu-Gi-Oh! video games, the name is spelt "Dreadroute".
- The Spanish name of this card seems to suffer from a mistanslation, as its name is "Deadroot" rather than "Dreadroot".
- In the Yu-Gi-Oh! R Manga the attack name of this card is "Fears Knockdown" (read as Fierce Knockdown on one occasion).
- In the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime, it appears in the second ending of the Japanese version; WAKE UP YOUR HEART and in the second opening (version two) of the Japanese version; 99%.
- Although "The Wicked Dreadroot" is a "Wicked God", it is not unique as it is used by both Yako Tenma and Gekko Tenma (with Gekko ripping his copy of the card in two after his Duel with Yugi Mutou).
- Though this card's artwork and its limited appearances in the manga seem to portray it as having a snake trunk rather than legs, it does indeed have lower limbs, something that is seen most clearly when Yako Summons it in Duel Round 10.
- When upgraded with "Divine Evolution", the neck of "The Wicked Dreadroot" grows longer, its fingers become sharper rather than rounded, and its legs become a snake trunk, leading to some confusion as mentioned above.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.