- The geometric figure inside the Seal is called a unicursal hexagram. Konami calls it a "double-chevron pattern".
- The runes around the rim of the Seal are Enochian and spell out "Oreichalcos" twice.
- This card previously existed as an Upper Deck Entertainment promotional card. There are only 15 copies of the Upper Deck Entertainment version in existence, all in the possession of members of Upper Deck Entertainment's R&D division, one of which was used in the Decks they played in the Orichalcos "Duel the Master" side event at previous National Tournaments. The current status of these cards is unknown, as they haven't been used since Konami reclaimed distribution and organization rights.
- This is the only Field Spell Card that can only be activated once per Duel.
- This was the first card to prevent the user from Special Summoning from their Extra Deck as a means of balancing its power. Later cards have since picked up on this, such as "March of the Monarchs".
- This is the first anime-original card to have been a TCG exclusive card.
- Konami has pointed out that the number of sentences of text on the TCG print of this card matches the number of lines and points in this card's symbol.
- This card's effects are all based on its appearances in the anime.
- This card's first effect, the 500 ATK boost, is the only one identical to its anime counterpart.
- Its second effect, not being destroyed once per turn, was displayed in the anime when Yugi tried to destroy Gurimo's copy with "Dust Tornado"; while Gurimo claimed the card could not be destroyed at all, since it was never attempted to be destroyed again, Konami asserts that Gurimo was intentionally deceiving Yugi.
- Its third effect, limiting your opponent's choices for attacking your monsters, is a twist on its anime counterpart's effect to prevent the opponent from attacking monsters placed in the Spell & Trap Card Zone by its other effect. This effect is identical to that of "Pixie Ring", which Konami pointed out when announcing it.
- Its fourth and fifth effects, preventing the user from Summoning monsters from the Extra Deck and destroying Special Summoned monsters, is based on what happened when this card was played by Yami Yugi, destroying "Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight" and reverting it to its unfused state, and the fact that Yugi, Dartz, Rafael, Valon, and Alister did not Fusion Summon after it was activated (notably, Rex Raptor did Fusion Summon "Horned Saurus" while controlling "The Seal" in episode 161).
- Its sixth line of text, a condition, is based on the fact that a Duelist in the anime who uses this card once in a Duel will not be able to use it again, as either they will win the Duel and trap their opponent's soul in the card, or they will lose the Duel and their soul along with it (barring DRAWs).
- This is the only card to have received a printed mock-up.
- This seal appears in the artworks of "Orichalcos Shunoros", "Orichalcos Deuteros", "Orichalcos Tritos" and "Orichalcos Sword of Sealing".
- This is the fourth non-monster cover card, as it was featured on Extra Pack 2012.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.