- Like the other "Frog" and Toad monsters, this card's Japanese name is a pun. This time, however, it does not refer to a real frog, but "to swap around", or 入れ替える (Irekaeru).
- This card's English name is a portmanteau of the words "substitute" and "toad".
- This card is the first and only card to ever become Forbidden due to its support for an archetype: it is banned due to its ability to mill the Deck and fill the Graveyard really quick by continuously Tributing the "Frog" monsters which were Special Summoned by its effect.
- This card has a watered-down counterpart, "Tradetoad".
- This card is the "Frog" version of "Lonefire Blossom", as it can get any "Frog" monster from the Deck and can Tribute itself to activate its effect.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.