- This monster wears the same necklace as "Legendary Six Samurai - Shinai", implying some sort of relationship.
- Both "Shien" and "Shinai" share the same hair color.
- This monster could be an older version of "Kagemusha of the Blue Flame" and possibly "Kagemusha of the Six Samurai".
- The "Kagemusha of the Blue Flame" relation is supported by the artwork of "Unification".
- This is also supported by the physical similarities between the monsters, and the implication that this monster is the Shadow of "Shien" - indicating a more clandestine bodyguard position than the other "Kagemusha" monsters.
- This monster is wearing clothing similar to that of "Tenkabito Shien", and wearing the same arms armor pieces of "Great Shogun Shien".
- This is fitting, as "Kagemusha of the Blue Flame" is the double of "Great Shogun Shien", who is also "Tenkabito Shien".
- This card is the first TCG-exclusive card to be the cover card of a Structure Deck, and the first Xyz Monster to be included in a Structure Deck.
- This is the first "Six Samurai" Xyz Monster to be released.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.