- Nephthys was an Egyptian goddess associated with birth and death, just as this phoenix monster keeps being reborn when it is killed. In Egyptian mythology, Nephthys was in fact the mother of Anubis, therefore making her the true Queen of the Underworld.
- The name
鳳 凰is actually two names, 鳳(hō) for a male bird and 凰(ō) for a female bird. Interestingly, the Japanese names of "Nephthys, the Sacred Flame" and "Cerulean Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys" omit hō and only keep ō.
- The idea of this card reviving itself from the Graveyard comes from the idea of a Phoenix being able to revive itself.
- This monster has several counterparts.
- This monster appears in the artwork of "Phoenix Wing Wind Blast" and one of her feathers appears in the artwork of "A Feather of the Phoenix".
- In fact, its pose resembles the same pose "The Winged Dragon of Ra" is in when it appears in the Japanese opening "WILD DRIVE".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.