- This monster appears in the artwork of "Relinquished Fusion".
- In several Yu-Gi-Oh! games, this monster's Eye of Anubis is red, when on the card it is yellow/gold. This happen in the anime as well.
- This card was the first Ritual Effect Monster to be released in the OCG.
- In the OCG, this card and "Black Illusion Ritual" have never been released together in the same Booster Pack.
- There is a misprinted Italian version of "Relinquished" called "Abbbandono". This card's real Italian name is "Abbandono".
- Until its release in Legendary Collection 3: Yugi's World, this card's lore did not state how to Summon it, in both the TCG and the OCG. The main reason is most likely the insufficient amount of space left to introduce the standard specification for a Ritual Summon.
- The hilt of "Sword of Dark Rites" is based on this monster's appearance. This is fitting, since "Sacrifice" (the Japanese translated name of "Relinquished") is a part of that card's translated Japanese name: "Sacrifice Sword".
- The artwork of this card is taken from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 70: "The Sacrifice!", specifically from the panel showing this monster being Ritual Summoned.
- Relinquished, a ritual monster, is blue in color, like the border of a ritual monster card. Its fusion form, Thousand-Eyes Restrict, is purple in color, like the border of a fusion monster card.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.