- "Red Dragon Archfiend/Assault Mode", "Red Nova Dragon", "Red Supernova Dragon" and "Majestic Red Dragon" are all upgraded forms of this card.
- "Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend" and "Hot Red Dragon Archfiend" are both retrained counterparts to this card.
- "Red Rising Dragon" is a younger form of this card.
- This monster appears to be the antithesis of "Stardust Dragon". Their poses mirror each other and have opposite color schemes. Also, their effects oppose each other as well. "Stardust" focuses on protecting monsters from being destroyed, while this card's effect focuses on destroying opposing monsters.
- It is also interesting to note that if both monsters are on the same side field and for some reason "Stardust Dragon" does not attack, their rivalry arises at the End Phase, when their owner must choose to either destroy "Stardust Dragon" with this card's effect or negate this card's effect with "Stardust Dragon".
- This card ("Red Daemon's Dragon") bears a similar OCG name to "Black Skull Dragon" (Black Daemon's Dragon). Both monsters are also demon-themed with horns.
- Of the six "Signer Dragons", this card and "Life Stream Dragon" are the only ones not to be featured as a cover card nor a Ghost Rare. Instead, this card's "Assault Mode", "Red Dragon Archfiend/Assault Mode" appears on the cover of Crimson Crisis and is the Ghost Rare of the set, while "Majestic Red Dragon" is the cover card of Absolute Powerforce and is the Ghost Rare of that set. In addition, "Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend" is the cover card for "Dimension of Chaos".
- This card has the highest ATK of all "Signer Dragons".
- This continues the pattern of the protagonist's main rival in each Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series having a signature monster with 3000 ATK, following Seto Kaiba's "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" and Chazz Princeton's "Armed Dragon LV10"/"VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon", and succeeded by Kite Tenjo's "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" , Declan Akaba's "D/D/D Doom King Armageddon" and Varis' "Borreload Dragon".
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.