- This card appears in the artwork of "Magistery Alchemist".
- This monster is the cover card for both Shadow of Infinity and Dark Revelation Volume 4.
- This monster is considered to be the Sacred Beast incarnate of the Egyptian God card "Obelisk the Tormentor", noted by this monster's blue color, humanoid appearance, and similar ATK-gaining anime effects.
- Like "Obelisk's" anime effect, this card also possess an effect to tribute a monster in order to increase its attack power.
- The Sacred Beasts are named after angels in Judeo-Christianity. This card's name is an alternate spelling of the name of Raziel.
- This card was tied with "The Wicked Dreadroot" and "Darkness Neosphere" for having the strongest original ATK and DEF of any Fiend monster in the game; Currently, Dystopia the Despondent holds the title.
- According to a Pojo post by Dan Scheidegger (an Upper Deck Entertainment employee), this card was originally approved to have "Genma" in its TCG name, but a 3rd company decided "they didn't like the word."
- In another Pojo post, Dan further explained that this was not for censorship reasons, but rather because the company did not think the name was "cool enough."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.