- This card appears in the artwork of "Magistery Alchemist" and "Sacred Beast Awakening".
- This monster is the cover card for both Shadow of Infinity and Dark Revelation Volume 4.
- This monster is considered to be the Sacred Beast incarnate of the Egyptian God card "Obelisk the Tormentor", noted by this monster's blue color, humanoid appearance, and similar ATK-gaining anime effects.
- Like "Obelisk's" anime effect, this card also possess an effect to tribute a monster in order to increase its attack power.
- The Sacred Beasts are named after angels in Judeo-Christianity. This card's name is an alternate spelling of the name of Raziel.
- This card was tied with "The Wicked Dreadroot" and "Darkness Neosphere" for having the strongest original ATK and DEF of any Fiend monster in the game; Currently, Dystopia the Despondent holds the title.
- According to a Pojo post by Dan Scheidegger (an Upper Deck Entertainment employee), this card was originally approved to have "Genma" in its TCG name, but a 3rd company decided "they didn't like the word."
- In another Pojo post, Dan further explained that this was not for censorship reasons, but rather because the company did not think the name was "cool enough."
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.