- The English name of this card translates to "Thunder Strike" 「雷撃」.
- Since it obtained its Forbidden status, "Raigeki" has continued to receive homage through later counterparts, such as "Lightning Vortex", "Flash of the Forbidden Spell", "Raigeki Bottle", "Crystal Raigeki" and "Raigeki Break", many of which imitate its effect in more balanced manners, or with more contextual purposes.
- This card appears in the English artwork of "Exchange".
- "Anti Raigeki" was created to specifically counter this card.
- This card is arguably stronger than “Dark Hole”, which destroys all monsters on the field, including yours.
- This card was both one of the first cards to be Limited in May 2002 and one of the first cards to be Forbidden, in October 2004. It did not come off of the list until October 2014 in the TCG, ten years later. As such, it has spent more time on the Forbidden list than any other card in the TCG before becoming Limited once more.
- In the OCG, this record is instead held by "Harpie's Feather Duster", which was also Forbidden in October 2004, and remained so until January 2015, ten years and three months later. "Raigeki" remains Forbidden in the OCG.
- When counting both the TCG and OCG, "Harpie's Feather Duster" holds the overall record, as it was Forbidden for three months longer than "Raigeki".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.