- This monster is based on Mahad, one of the Sacred Guardians.
- This monster's effect of Special Summoning "Dark Magician" after being destroyed is a reference to Mahad becoming said monster after his death in the anime and manga.
- "Palladium" in this card's name is a word used figuratively to mean anything believed to provide protection or safety.
- In this case, it could possibly refer to Mahad, himself, and his willingness to sacrifice his own life in order to ensure the safety of Atem.
- Just as how "Dark Magician" opposes "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", this card can be considered a rival to "Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon". Both are counterparts to the original card, have opposing Attributes and stances in their artworks, appear in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions, and act as the final trump cards to Yugi Mutou and Seto Kaiba respectively.
- The needle-like jewelry on this monster's belt look like the pointers found on the Millennium Ring, possibly as a reference to Mahad being the user of the ring while he was alive.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.