- "Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo-Daedalus" is the strongest Sea Serpent-Type Monster in the game, alongside "Spiral Serpent".
- In Greek mythology, Daedalus was the father of Icarus and Iapyx, and is said to have designed the labyrinth in which the Minotaur was kept.
- It is also possible that this card was based of the Hydra, considering the origin of its name and the fact it had multiple heads.
- This is one of 4 monster cards that have the ability to completely rid the field and both players' hands of all cards, the other three being "Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End", "Sky Scourge Norleras" and "Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth"
- "Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo-Daedalus" appears in the artwork of "Aegis of the Ocean Dragon Lord" and "Xyz Dimension Splash".
- The Spanish version of this card has the first part of its lore in Spanish and the second part in Portuguese.
- This card and "Levia-Dragon - Daedalus" are related to the Leviathan, a huge sea serpent in Hebrew mythology described in the Biblical Book of Job, and that is part of a Trinity along with Ziz and Behemoth.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.