For trivia pertaining to this monster's Number, see Forum:"Numbers" Xyz Monster Trivia. Any contributions regarding this type of trivia should be placed there, instead of this page.
- The number 96 appears on this monster's head.
- This is the first "Number" to take on multiple forms without the addition of card effects.
- When first shown, "Dark Mist" took on a fake form to lure Yuma Tsukumo into capturing it. In this form "96" retained its color scheme, the presence of "96" on its head, and the flaming "eyes on its torso. However, this form featured a bulbous body with a large, red-lipped mouth and a fat belly, and the torso "eyes" were made less intimidating.
- When Vector played this card against Marin and Dumon, it transformed into an entirely new form. This time, "96" became a darkened puppet version of Astral, reflecting its character version's true nature as a fragment of Don Thousand. It also fit into the "puppet" theme of the other "Number" that debuted in the same episode as this form: "Number 43: Manipulator of Souls".
- This card's sealed form is a blob of black slime with a flickering, flame-like object inside. The slime then forms its right claw, left leg and head before finally appearing in its true unsealed form.
- When the sealed form turns into its fake unsealed form, its right hand and head are shown being formed before the full fake form appears.
- This card has a kind of "joke" on its design: its eyes and mouth are on its chest, and on its face, where the eyes should be, is his number (96); in a way, they look like its eyes.
- The fake form of "Dark Mist" also appears to have its number as the eyes, while retaining, on its belly, a less intimidating version of the fiery "eyes" that are on the true form's torso.
- This may also be a reference to the Anime Series Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann in which faces of the mechs are located on their chest as this card shares similarities with the Granzeboma mech.
- This card was the first Fiend-Type "Number" monster, along with being the first Rank 2 "Number" monster.
- This card bears a strong resemblance to "Elemental HERO Shadow Mist" and "Elemental HERO Escuridao".
- This was the first "Number" monster to require a specific kind of Xyz Materials, though only in the Japanese anime (this element was not elaborated upon in the English dub).
- In the anime, when this card detaches an Xyz Material, it absorbs it through the face on its torso.
- This is the second "Number" monster whose sealed and unsealed forms were not rendered in 3D graphics, the first being "Number 83: Galaxy Queen", although in Episode 37, its unsealed form is shown in 3D.
- As "Number 96" can be seen as the dark counterpart to Astral, this card can be seen as the dark counterpart to "Number 39: Utopia".
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.