- This card's name is the Welsh name for Mordred, one of the Knights of the Round Table.
- This card's effect (becoming DARK and increasing its Level by 1) when equipped with a "Noble Arms" Equip Card reflects Mordred's betrayal when he usurped King Arthur's position as king.
- The shadow behind this monster in its artwork also hints at this betrayal.
- This card is similar to the Gemini monsters, except that it needs to be equipped with an Equip Spell Card instead of needing a Gemini Summon to gain its effect.
- This card also was the first non-Gemini monster to be treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field.
- This card's Equip Spell Card destruction effect varies slightly from that of "Noble Knight Gwalchavad" in that it does not need to destroy a "Noble Arms" card.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.