- This card's artwork is based on the Valley of the Kings in Egypt, where the Pharaohs were buried.
- The Valley of the Kings became a popular place to bury Pharaohs since monuments like the Great Pyramids of Giza became easy targets for grave-robbers. The effect of "Necrovalley" is similar to how these tombs were built to protect the deceased's remains (as "Necrovalley" prevents both Graveyards from being interacted with).
- This also explains why it supports the "Gravekeeper's" archetype.
- This card was initially designed to counter Zombie cards, as it thematically represents the job of the “Gravekeeper's” cards to stop Zombies from rising from the Tombs.
- This card's seventh erratum adds an effect that stops only a single card: "Zombie World".
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.