- This monster is based on a cellular telephone, as indicated by its name, appearance and the ability to call out Morphtronics. Its Japanese name is derived from "mobile phone", which is pronounced "mobairu foon" in Japanese.
- "Morphtronic Celfon" appears in the artwork of the following cards:
- The fact that this monster's numbers 1-6 are all together while the rest (7-9) are separate is a reference to this monsters effect's using 6-sided dice.
- Oddly, this card's first effect includes the text, "Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Morphtronic" monster" even though there are no Morphtronics that are above Level 4 anyway, meaning the Level restriction is not needed.
- This is the only "Morphtronic" card whose name is regionally-based; the name "Morphtronic Celfon" refers to the North American term "cell phone" (short for "cellular phone"), whereas such devices are called "mobile phones" in Commonwealth English.
- When this monsters effect activates, the dials on its body light up, and the yellow light goes from number to number.
- When this monster is Normal Summoned, it is in a cell phone form, before transforming into a bot-like appearance.
- This is the only "Morphtronic" card to be printed as anything higher than a Rare.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.