- This card's TCG name in Japanese means "Eye man". 'Me' translates to eye, and 'Otoko' means man.
- This card has a counterpart: "Hiro's Shadow Scout".
- As this card's first TCG release was in Legendary Collection 4: Joey's World Mega Pack, which was heavily based off the character Joey Wheeler, this card's English card text is written with Joey's stereotypical Brooklyn accent.
- Seven more cards from Legendary Collection 4: Joey's World Mega Pack, appropriately named Joey's World, also had their English flavor texts written in this style: "Skull Stalker", "Wolf", "Kageningen", "Stone Armadiller", "Hero of the East", "Anthrosaurus", "Little D". All of these seven cards and "Meotoko" are seen in Joey's very first Deck, except for "Hero of the East", which is only seen when Joey has a dream of himself with his inexperienced Deck, and "Little D", which has yet to appear in any canon series. "Alligator's Sword" also has similar card text, and can also be found in Legendary Collection 4: Joey's World Mega Pack.
- This card's Italian, Portuguese and Spanish flavor texts are also written in eye dialect for the sake of humor. Apart from the French text which is translated more directly from the Japanese text in a little more serious way, texts in other TCG languages appear to be translated from the English text.
- This monster bears a resemblance to "Big Eye".
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.