- According to Kevin Tewart, this card was specifically designed to counter the "Legendary Six Samurai" archetype, and to a lesser extent, the "X-Saber" archetype.
- If each "light" in this card's artwork represents a pair of eyes (and therefore, one cockroach), then there would be 19 of them in this card's artwork.
- This monster is based off of the Smokey Brown Cockroach- a common pest in Japan. In addition, the background it appears against, which it shares with the rest of its archetype; the Japanese-style living arrangements in the card artworks of the previous ""C"" monsters implied that they were based off of common roaches native to Japan (further reinforced by the fact that these monsters have shiny, black bodies and known to be adept flyers, which are characteristic of this species).
- The cockroaches in this card's artwork are shown to have begun to multiply, or the man in the other "C" cards' artworks has realized that there is more than one in his house. There was only one cockroach shown in "Shiny Black 'C's" artwork.
- This card's effect is that more cockroaches arrive each time your opponent Special Summons, bringing pestilence (Drawing one card).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.