- In Greek mythology the sun was personified as Helios.
- This card's name is a play on "Hermes Trismegistus" (meaning "thrice-great Hermes") who is said to be the author of the "Emerald Tablet", an ancient Alchemical text which was also the inspiration for Amnael's Shadow Charm.
- Also, in the later Roman Empire, the cult of Helios Megistus claimed that all the elements were ruled by the Sun God.
- This card is the third 'Helios' in the cycle. "Helios - The Primordial Sun" > "Helios Duo Megistus" > "Helios Trice Megistus".
- For this card's Japanese and International artworks (as well as in the anime), this card is the only one of the three "Helios" cards to not be changed at all (no bust editing).
- The word, "Megistus" is derived from the Greek word, Megisti, meaning "biggest" or "greatest," hence this monster's larger appearance compared to its other forms.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.