- Like the other "Dragon of the Ice Barrier" monsters, this card gets its name from a spear. Gungnir (The Swaying One) is the spear of the war god Odin in Norse mythology. Also, the character "Odin" in "Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Duel Transer" uses this card.
- Gungnir's Chinese name is 天槍 which literally means "Heavenly Spear".
- This monster appears in the artworks of "Synchro Baton", "Void Trap Hole" and "Nekroz Kaleidoscope".
- This is the only "Ice Barrier" Synchro Monster that is not a Cover Card for a Hidden Arsenal pack, and the only one to not be on the Forbidden and Limited List since it was released.
- This is also the only "Dragon of the Ice Barrier" monster not to be placed on the Forbidden list as of March 1, 2013.
- This card's French translation used to have a major error. It has since been corrected.
- French : "Une fois par tour, vous pouvez défausser jusqu'à 2 cartes au Cimetière pour sélectionner un nombre de cartes égal au nombre de cartes contrôlées par votre adversaire. Détruisez les cartes sélectionnées."
- Translated : "Once per turn, you can discard up to two cards to the Graveyard to select a number of cards equal to the number of cards your opponent controls. Destroy the selected cards".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.