- When the 1st Edition packs of Magician's Force were released, the artwork for this card was that of the Duel Master's Guide "Dark Paladin". It was later corrected.
- This monster further suggests that "Buster Blader" and "Dark Magician" may have some connection. The two monsters do resemble each other, especially in their armor, and their attack and defense power is somewhat alike. They are counterparts, also, in one being a physical attacker (Warrior), and the other a magical one (Spellcaster). Also, "Skilled White Magician" and "Skilled Dark Magician", the two cards that can Summon "Buster Blader" and "Dark Magician" respectively, share very similar ATK, DEF and effect.
- This monster also has a Trap negating counterpart, in "Sorcerer of Dark Magic", who also must remain face-up on the field to resolve its effect. Yugi also Special Summoned that monster using "Dark Magician" in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light, in that case Tributing it instead of using it as a Fusion Material.
- The explosion in the background of the Duelist Pack: Yugi version looks similar to the card art of "Diffusion Wave-Motion", the card Yugi used on "Dark Paladin" to win his Duel against Kaiba in the Battle City Finals.
- This card's first OCG (but second TCG) artwork is taken from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 202: "Beyond Hatred", specifically from the panel showing this monster being Summoned.
- This card's second OCG (but first TCG) artwork is taken from the title page for Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 203: "As a Friend".
- This card's third OCG/TCG artwork is taken from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 203: "As a Friend", specifically from the next panel after this monster attacked, showing the 3 "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" exploding. However, he has his right arm stretched out further and raised higher in the manga.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.