- The black hole of this card's artwork also appears in the artwork of "Non-Spellcasting Area".
- In all languages apart from English and Spanish, this card's names translate to "Black Hole" and reference an invisible mass in astronomy that swallows anything that comes too close, both in its translated name, its artwork and its effect.
- "White Hole" was specifically designed to counter this card.
- This card has two counterparts, a one sided removal known as “Raigeki” and a Spell/Trap removal known as “Heavy Storm”.
- It is also similar to the Magic: The Gathering card "Wrath of God", which destroys all personality (Monsters, Creatures, etc...) cards in play.
- This card was Forbidden for nine formats before becoming Limited once more, which was the most of any card before "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning", "Tsukuyomi", "Magician of Faith" (in the TCG) and "Cyber-Stein" (in the OCG) surpassed it with twelve, thirteen, and sixteen, respectively.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.