- This monster is based on the historical figure Joan of Arc (French: Jeanne d'Arc), a key figure in the French victory of the Lancastrian War.
- The "Oracle" in this card's name is likely based on Joan's claims to have received visions from the archangel Michael to assist in the Lancastrian War.
- This monster is most likely named as a "King" to fit in with the naming scheme of other "D/D/D" monsters, which all use the title "King" in their names, despite the fact that this monster is a female.
- This monster appears to be strongly related to "St. Joan" and "Guardian Angel Joan" in that they all are Level 7 and share 2800 ATK and 2000 DEF.
- As such, this monster's effect is likely derived from the effect of "Guardian Angel Joan".
- "d'Arc" in this card's name appears to be a pun, being utilized as a homophone for "dark", since this monster appears to be an evil version of Joan of Arc.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.