- This card has 4 counterparts: "Deck Devastation Virus", "Eradicator Epidemic Virus", "Full Force Virus", and "Grinning Grave Virus".
- Of the 5 Viruses, "Crush Card" starts as the first of the 5 viruses Alphabetical Alteration patterns "c".
- In a few rare cases, this card was released by mistake in several Power of the Duelist Sneak Preview Events, in place of "Hidden Soldiers", but was not tournament-legal until released as one of the Shonen Jump Championship Series Prize Cards.
- The kanji 死 on the viruses in this card's artwork means "death."
- In some video games, this card is a Spell Card.
- In the game Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour, this card's name and lore are the ones from the "Deck Destruction Virus" card used by Seto Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light, but it is a Normal Trap Card and has this card's TCG/OCG effect.
- The Japanese name of "Lich Lord, King of the Underworld" refers to this card.
- This is one of two Shonen Jump Championship Series Prize Cards to be banned, the other being "Cyber-Stein".
- It is also currently the only Prize Card to be reprinted as an Ultimate Rare.
- Both were also printed in limited quantities, this card having only 6 copies in existence while the latter only had 18.
- After this card's erratum to weaken its effect, its original effect was given to the OCG/TCG release of "Doom Virus Dragon".
- It is highly likely that the card was given an erratum in order to make it possible to play "Doom Virus Dragon" in tournaments. This is unlike other Forbidden cards, which typically receive an erratum to weaken them in exchange for allowing them to become playable in official duels again.
- In the Spanish dub of the show it is named "Carta Mortal" ("Deathly Card"), according to Cholo Moratalla, the director of the Spanish dubbing, it was due to "Virus Aplastacartas" was too long for the time Kaiba was speaking on screen so they had to rename it, when the cards arrived to Spain, nobody asked the translators of the show.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.