- This monster appears in the artwork of "Primal Seed".
- This card appears in the artwork of "E☆HERO Pit Boss".
- This card is a retrained version of "Black Luster Soldier". It also has a DARK counterpart, "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Evening Twilight", and a "younger" counterpart, "Beginning Knight".
- This card was Forbidden for twelve formats before becoming Limited once more, which was the most of any card (surpassing "Dark Hole"'s nine). It shared this distinction with "Tsukuyomi", although both were surpassed by "Magician of Faith"'s thirteen in the TCG and "Cyber-Stein"'s sixteen in the OCG.
- Both this card and "Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End", have less powerful versions of themselves known as the "Sky Scourges", "Sky Scourge Enrise" and "Sky Scourge Norleras" respectively. The "Sky Scourges" have similar effects and Summoning requirements to the "Envoys" as well, although the banishment of monsters from the Graveyard is both Type- and Attribute-specific.
- "Black Luster Soldier" and "Magician of Black Chaos", the cards that this card and "Dark Magician of Chaos" are derived from, are used in Yugi's Deck during the events of Yu-Gi-Oh!. Oddly enough, they seemed to be replaced by this card and "Dark Magician of Chaos", as seen when Dimitri Duels Jaden Yuki with Yugi's Deck in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.
- Despite the fact that this card (in the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX anime) is so rare it was thought not to exist (as stated during Dimitri's Duel with Jaden Yuki), in episode 49, it is seen in what appears to be Solomon Muto's card shop, being viewed by two kids when Kagemaru begins to absorb Duel Spirits.
- This card's artwork is taken from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 59: "The Legendary Swordsman", specifically from the panel showing Dark Yugi with "Black Luster Soldier", after said monster destroyed "Harpies' Pet Dragon" by battle. However, only its upper body is visible, in contrast to this card's artwork.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.