- This card's name could have a double meaning.
- Its name literally alludes to the appearance of the mouth.
- The name can also refer to the infamous shark franchise of the same name.
- On the television show Family Guy, Peter Griffin made up a story about a larger form of Jaws which he also called Big Jaws.
- This card looks a lot like one of the sharks from "Submersible Carrier Aero Shark", indicating that perhaps 2 "Big Jaws" were combined with "Aqua Jet" to form the monster.
- This card's TCG/OCG effects may represent the behavior of a Great White Shark, which is what this monster is meant to resemble. Often times, great whites (as well as other species of sharks) will bite objects out of curiosity (this card attacking) and swim away never to return, (banished at the end of the Battle Phase in which it attacked), unless predating.
- Similar to how Yuma's "Zubaba Knight" broke the trend of the first monster Summoned by the series main protagonist being WIND ("Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress 1", "Elemental HERO Avian" and "Speed Warrior"), this card breaks the trend of the first monster Summoned by their opponent being EARTH ("Hitotsu-Me Giant", "Ancient Gear Golem" and "Assault Dog").
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.