- This monster is based after Barbas (also spelled Marbas). In demonology, Barbas is a demon described in the Ars Goetia, first section of King Solomon's grimoirea. He is described there as the Great President of Hell, and governs thirty-six legions of demons. He answers truly on hidden or secret things, causes and heals diseases, teaches mechanical arts, and changes men into other shapes. He is depicted as a great lion that, under the conjurer's request, changes shape into a man.
- Barbaros is Greek for barbarian.
- The name "Barbas" also comes from the Latin "barba", beard, hellebore (a plant used in witchcraft, especially to invoke demons), and also a male name.
- This monster has an upgraded version, "Beast Machine King Barbaros Ür".
- The second effect of this card is the combined effects of "Moisture Creature" ("Harpie's Feather Duster") and "Gilford the Lightning" ("Raigeki") . All three Monsters are normally Tribute Summoned with 2 Tributes, but get their effect requires 3 Tributes to active.
- "Beast King Barbaros" is one of the five kings of the Beasts, the other one being "King of the Beasts". "Ojama King", "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts", "Chimaera, the Master of Beasts" and "Behemoth the King of All Animals" could be considered kings of the Beasts as well since they are somehow related to the Beast-Type.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.