- The card's name probably refers to the fact that it is wearing a Yoke around its neck. While Yokes are primarily meant to be used to control beasts of burden, they have also been forced upon defeated enemies after wars in ancient times.
- This, plus this monster's Japanese title as "the Bound Barbarian" might refence the enslavement of Barbarian Tribes by the ancient Greeks.
- This monster's restraints are references to its effect; whenever an Overlay Unit is detached from it in the anime, it starts to destroy its restraints.
- This monster wears the outfit of a Greek soldier or Roman gladiator– a potential reference to how the ancient Greeks held boxing games in the Olympics.
- This might explain why Alito had such a card, since he used to be a gladiator when he was a human.