This is the talk page for discussing the page, Card Tips:Dragunity Arma Leyvaten.
Please try to
- So what's wrong with that loop combo?
- You're using
- Dragunity Arms Laevatein's "When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned, you can select 1 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard other than "Dragunity Arms Laevatein", and equip to this card treated as an Equip Spell Card."
- and Light and Darkness Dragon's "When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select 1 monster in your Graveyard. Then destroy all cards you control, and Special Summon that monster."
- If Laevatein is destroyed, it doesn't matter if it's battle or card effect. Game Mechanics would destroy the Equip, Triggering LaDD's Effect, Special Summoning Laevatein, allowing you to re-equip LaDD.
- Falzar FZ 22:22, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
No comments on why it's wrong? Then I'm going to re-add Runer5h's version of it. Falzar FZ 13:17, May 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Another hole in your statement is that LaDD selects a card first and then destroys all cards, you can't just change your pick midway through.--Tapper930 23:36, May 18, 2010 (UTC)
- It doesn't select it half way.
- Laevatein equips LaDD
- Laevatein is destroyed
- LaDD (because it's an Equip) is destroyed via Game Mechanics
- LaDD now Triggers in your graveyard, Selects Laevatein which is in your Graveyard, destroys all cards you control and Special Summon's Laevatein.
- Laevatein is Special Summoned
- Laevatein Triggers and targets LaDD, LaDD is re-equiped to Laevatein.
- @ "Light and Darkness Dragon can't be special summoned"
- LaDD never gets Special Summoned, it goes from Graveyard to S/T Zone, then back to Graveyard, repeat.
- @ "It only works when this card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect, so it's not a continuous loop"
- Wrong part of the effect, the loop does not need to Summon LaDD
- LaDD is an Equip, so if Laevatein is removed from the field, LaDD is destroyed by Game Mechanics in your S/T zone. Falzar FZ 01:44, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- And if the opponent destroys LaDD before the destroy Laevatein, like by MST or Breaker?Tapper930 01:57, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- That's not the point here, the loop is about what happens when Laevatein is destroyed. Falzar FZ 01:59, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Wait until more people agree before we keep it up.Tapper930 02:23, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I was thinking
- If MST or Breaker was used on LaDD, yes it will screw the loop up.
- That is unless you have a second copy of Laevatein in your Graveyard, that way, you can use LaDD to target the 2nd copy.
- Now it won't matter if Laevatein is killed first, or if LaDD being equipped is killed first. Falzar FZ 05:25, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Also rember that this card is under the "When... You can..." rule. So if his summon is not the last thing happening, you miss the time and cannot equip monsters to him.
You can also do a loop with Decoy Dragon just in case you don't have LaDD. Especially if you have a field spell that benefits you considering that LaDD destroys all other cards in your side of the field. Taoisac 04:27, July 30, 2015 (UTC)