- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Painful Escape", "Isolde, Two Tales of the Noble Knights" and "Frontline Observer".
Protecting the Level 1 monster
- The Level 1 Normal Monster with the highest DEF is "Charcoal Inpachi", making it useful for "Zushin", as it will be a little difficult to destroy by battle (assuming you can manage to get it in Defense Position).
- Use cards that prevent attacks like "Wall of Revealing Light" to stall.
- To protect your Level 1 Normal Monster in battle, use cards like "Mist Body", "Heart of Clear Water", "Safe Zone", etc.
- "Petit Moth" is a Level 1 Normal Monster, so this card can be easily added to a Moth Deck, since that Deck requires heavy protection for "Petit Moth" anyway.
- In a "Skull Servant" Deck, use "Skull Servant" as the Level 1 Normal Monster, protecting it with cards like "The Lady in Wight" and "Archfiend Zombie-Skull".
- This card could fit in a Deck focused on "Destiny Board" (due to the effect of "Dark Sanctuary"). Although one would normally win via the effect of "Destiny Board" first, this card can serve as a back-up plan in case all of the copies of a single "Spirit Message" card get used up (thus making victory by the effect of "Destiny Board" impossible).
Accelerating the Summon
- If you have multiple copies of this card in your hand, there is nothing preventing them from using their effects on the same monster in the same turn.
- After this card has used its in-hand effect, discard it with "Monster Reincarnation" or "Herald of Creation" and return it to the hand to "re-use" its effect.
Protecting the Summon
- When the time comes to Summon this monster, one can use cards such as "Anti-Magic Arrows" or the effect of "Dodger Dragon" to ensure its Summon won't be negated. However, this approach will not stop monster effects, such as those of "Thunder King Rai-Oh" and "Stardust Warrior".
- Once in play, this card is an almost invincible beatstick, although it can only inflict 1000 battle damage per battle. Use "Mound of the Bound Creator" to inflict more damage when it destroys the monsters as well.
- Cards like "Final Attack Orders", "Battle Mania", "All-Out Attacks", etc. can prevent the opponent from hiding behind Defense Position monsters.
- Alternatively, this card can be used to stall.
- If the opponent has no methods to get rid of this card, they will eventually Deck out.
- The controller of "Zushin" can use "Meteor Flare", "Spirit Burner", etc. to keep themselves from Decking out by discarding them for the hand size limit while stalling.
- Instead of waiting for the opponent to Deck out, one can use tactics such as "Final Countdown", "Wave-Motion Cannon", etc. to hasten victory.
- The easiest way to counter this monster is to prevent the opponent from Summoning it in the first place.
- Preventing the opponent from having a Level 1 Normal Monster with 10 Zushin Counters is an easy way to do this.
- "Mind Drain" prevents this card's effect to place Zushin Counters from activating.
- Cards that prevent Tributing ("Fog King", "Mask of Restrict", etc.) or that prevent Special Summoning ("Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo", "Vanity's Emptiness", etc.) will prevent this card from being Summoned.
- Since this card's effect is constantly activated and revealed in the hand, cards like "Mind Crush", "D.D. Designator", and "Debunk" can eliminate it.
- Since this card's Continuous Effect does not apply until it is on the field, its Summon can be negated by cards like "Solemn Strike", "Solemn Warning", etc.
- Once Summoned, this card can be removed from the field in several ways.
- It can be Tributed as a cost to Summon monsters, such as "Kaiju" monsters, "Santa Claws", "Volcanic Queen", The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode, etc.
- "Forbidden Scripture" can be used during any battle involving this card to allow it to be destroyed by that battle. Although it won't negate the effects of "Zushin the Sleeping Giant", it will ensure that it is treated as having its original 0 ATK during the battle.
- Monsters that have Continuous Effects that continually base their ATK values on the ATK of this card (such as "The Wicked Avatar" and "Clear Vice Dragon") can destroy this card by battle.
- Cards that force a player to take an action (such as "Share the Pain" and "Extinction on Schedule") do not affect monsters, so they can be used to remove this card from the field.
- It can be destroyed by battle, if this card is being attacked and an appropriate effect is activated. Due to the rules of SEGOC, if the turn player attacks this card and a mandatory ATK-modifying Trigger/Trigger-like Effect in their poessession is activated during damage calculation, the turn player's mandatory effect will activate at an earlier Chain Link than the effect of the attacked "Zushin the Sleeping Giant". When the Chain resolves, this card will change its ATK first, then the turn player's mandatory effect will resolve later, possibly resulting in a greater ATK than this card's. Since only the turn player can declare an attack, this is only applicable if "Zushin the Sleeping Giant" is the attack target. Examples include:
- "Zushin the Sleeping Giant": The ATK of the attacked "Zushin the Sleeping Giant" will become 1000, while the ATK of the attacking "Zushin the Sleeping Giant" will become 2000.
- "Cipher Soldier": The ATK of "Zushin the Sleeping Giant" will become 2350, while the ATK of "Cipher Soldier" will become 3350.
- "Moon Mirror Shield": The ATK of "Zushin the Sleeping Giant" will become equal to the equipped monster's current ATK + 1000, while the ATK of the equipped monster will become equal to its own current ATK + 1100.
- "Lindbloom: The ATK of "Zushin the Sleeping Giant" will become 1000, while the ATK of "Lindbloom" will become 1800.
- "Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon": The ATK of "Zushin the Sleeping Giant" will become 4000, while the ATK of "Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon" will become 7000.
- "The Hunter with 7 Weapons": The ATK of "Zushin the Sleeping Giant" will become 2000, and the ATK of "The Hunter with 7 Weapons" will also become 2000.
- The effects of cards like "Armades, Keeper of Boundaries" and "Majesty's Fiend" can prevent this card's ATK-increasing effect from activating.
- This card cannot necessarily defeat Defense Position monsters. Since its ATK/DEF are changed based on the ATK of the monster it is battling, monsters that have 1000 more DEF than ATK cannot be destroyed by this monster's attacks.
- "Superheavy Samurai" Decks are ideal for this, because many "Superheavy Samurai" monsters have higher DEF than ATK. Additionally, since some of them can attack while in Defense Position, it is possible to destroy this card in battle that way.
- Since the ATK of this card is 0 unless it is battling a monster, it cannot normally inflict battle damage by attacking directly. However, this risks the opponent simply attacking directly with other monsters.
- This card cannot normally destroy monsters that cannot be destroyed by battle.
- If a Continuous Effect that negates monster effects is already active before this card is Summoned (such as "Destiny HERO - Plasma" or "Skill Drain"), its effects will be negated, making it easy to deal with.
- An alternative strategy of "Summoning" this card involves "A Wild Monster Appears" being used to Summon this card, then during the opponent's turn, "Escalation of the Monarchs" can be used to Tribute Summon "The Tyrant Neptune" using this card as the Tribute. The effect of "The Tyrant Neptune" can then be used to mimic this card's name and effects, although "The Tyrant Neptune" is currently forbidden on the ban list.
- Level 1 Normal Monsters (and Gemini monsters treated as Normal Monsters) that can be targeted by this card's third effect:
|Big Bang Egger||ビッグバン・エッガー||DARK||Pyro||600||0|
|Blue-Eyes White Cat||青眼の白猫||LIGHT||Beast||600||200|
|Cloudian - Smoke Ball||雲魔物－スモークボール||WATER||Fairy||200||600|
|... further results (40 more)|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.