|This article may require cleanup to meet this wiki's standards.|
- Equip Cards equipped to this card cannot be targeted by "Mystical Space Typhoon", "Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress" or "Breaker the Magical Warrior". However, they are still vulnerable to cards that do not target such as "Heavy Storm".
- Note that you will not be able to activate "Release Restraint Wave" with cards equipped to "Epsilon" because of the effect of "Epsilon".
- Equip this card with "Vylon Segment" to create a lock. Your opponent will be unable to target "Epsilon" (except with Spells) nor Segment because of the other card's effect. Because of the high 2800 ATK of "Epsilon" and the knack of "Vylons" for strengthening their monsters with equip cards, "Epsilon" will be a big problem for the opponent, rendering powerful cards such as "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning", "Effect Veiler", "Fiendish Chain" and "Dimensional Prison" useless against it. Your opponent will have to resort to cards that do not target, like "Dark Hole", "Heavy Storm" or "Black Rose Dragon", which will probably force them to clear part of their field.
- This combination is particularly effective against "Atlantean-Mermail" Decks, since this card has more ATK than "Mermail Abyssleed" or "Mermail Abyssmegalo", and Segment renders "Number 11: Big Eye", "Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack", and most of their "Atlantean" monster effects useless against it. This card's second effect can also neutralize "Mermail Abyssgaios" easily.
- This combination can also works against "Fire Fist" Decks, since both "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear" and "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Gorilla" can neither target this card nor its Equip Cards for destruction. However, be careful of their "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Tiger King" since it can instantly negates the effect of "Epsilon'" and break the lock easily.
- Also effective against "Dragon Ruler" Decks, since this combination renders "Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack", "Number 11: Big Eye", "Effect Veiler" and even "Breakthrough Skill" useless. If you can also equip at least 1 "Vylon Material" to "Epsilon", virtually almost nothing in the Deck can stop it.
- Beware of "Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis" since it can destroy this card even with "Vylon Segment" equipped, since its effect doesn't target.
- Also beware of "Exploder Dragon" (most common in "Dragon Ruler" Decks) which can destroy this card upon its destruction by battle, and players can just ram it into "Epsilon" to destroy it instantly.
- This card can be easily Summoned by using "Summoner Monk" to retrieve the Tuner "Vylon Prism" from the Deck. Because "Vylons" revolve around the use of Equip Spells, they are hardly ever without a Spell to use for the effect of "Summoner Monk" (they can even recycle the used Equip Cards with "Vylon Matter", too).
- Be careful, though, as "Effect Veiler", "Fiendish Chain", and "Breakthrough Skill" can ruin this plan easily.
- "Photon Thrasher" can also be used for the same purpose, but you need to Normal Summon "Vylon Prism" afterwards.
- "Solar Wind Jammer" or "Cyber Dragon" can also be tuned along with "Vylon Cube" to Synchro Summon this card. Cube's effect can also let you add "Vylon Segment" immediately.
- The "Vylon" Equip Spell Cards all add another "Vylon" Spell from the Deck to the hand when they're sent from the field to the Graveyard while face-up. This lets "Vylon Epsilon" send one of them to the grave to destroy an opponent's monster and then add another "Vylon" Equip Spell to your hand, which you can use for the effect of "Epsilon" again on the next turn.
- If you ever run out of Equip Cards to use, "Vylon Matter" can help you recycle them.
- Summon this using a level 1 Light Tuner and "Vylon Delta" after you have used the latter's effect to add many equip spells to your hand.
- This card is best paired with "Vylon Omega". While "Omega" can handle most monster effects, "Epsilon" can clear any "indestructible by battle" monsters such as "Spirit Reaper" or "Gellenduo" that even "Omega" cannot handle. It is also useful for destroying any monster that is stronger than "Omega" itself, such as "Malefic Cyber End Dragon".
- "Omega" will also cover the weaknesses of "Epsilon" against monster effects that do not target (such as "Exploder Dragon" mentioned above), which is out of the coverage of "Vylon Segment".
- If paired with "Stardust Dragon" (or any of its more advanced forms), it will also protect this card from "Dark Hole", "Heavy Storm" and "Black Rose Dragon".
- LIGHT Tuners that can be used as Material for this card:
|Japanese name||Primary type||Type||Level/ Rank||ATK||DEF|
|Alien Ammonite||エーリアンモナイト||Effect Monster||Reptile||1||500||200|
|Aromaseraphy Angelica||アロマセラフィ－アンゼリカ||Effect Monster||Plant||1||0||0|
|Barrier Resonator||バリア・リゾネーター||Effect Monster||Fiend||1||300||800|
|Buster Whelp of the Destruction Swordsman||破壊剣士の伴竜||Effect Monster||Dragon||1||400||300|
|Celestial Double Star Shaman||天輪の双星道士||Synchro Monster|
|Chain Resonator||チェーン・リゾネーター||Effect Monster||Fiend||1||100||100|
|Chaos-End Master||カオスエンド・マスター||Effect Monster||Warrior||3||1500||1000|
|Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing||光竜星－リフン||Effect Monster||Wyrm||1||0||0|
|D.D. Sprite||異次元の精霊||Effect Monster||Fairy||1||0||100|
|... further results (64 more)|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.