- If this card is destroyed by an effect, bring out "Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest". Its effect can also send "Green Baboon" to the Graveyard.
- You can easily Synchro Summon this monster on the first turn with a level 2 Beast-Type Tuner monster such as "Uni-Horned Familiar" or "Elephun" with "Monoceros", Synchro Summon for "Thunder Unicorn", use "Monoceros" effect to bring back the Tuner monster you just used, and Synchro Summon for "Voltic Bicorn".
- Another way for it to be easily summoned is in a Nordic deck where you switch Tanngnjostr of the Nordic Beasts from defence to attack position and special summon Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts. This allows for an instant synchro of Voltic Bicorn without any need of in-hand cards.
- You can use "Key Mouse" then Special Summon "Quillbolt Hedgehog" from your Graveyard. Activate "Inferno Reckless Summon" to bring out 2 more "Quillbolt Hedgehogs".
- This card would be great in a Macro Mill Deck, especially if it mills a "Necroface" while you have "Dimensional Fissure" or "Macro Cosmos" active.
- This card is great for a destruction Deck strategy, combine with "Voltic Kong", "Needle Worm", "Gravekeeper's Servant", "Iron Chain Dragon", "Hand Destruction", "Card Destruction, "Robbin' Zombie" and "Don Zaloog".
- Use "Paralyzing Chain" to inflict damage to your opponent.
- This card can be a good counter against "Lightsworns".
- You can build an effective Deck around this card. Use cards like "Super-Nimble Mega Hamster" to Special Summon "X-Saber Airbellum", recruiters like "Giant Rat" or "Nimble Momonga", "Egotistical Ape" or the Monoceros combo mentioned above, then Synchro Summon this card. When it's destroyed, both players mill 7 cards. Use those milled cards to fuel "Pot of Avarice", which will return Voltic Bicorn to the Extra Deck, as well as some useful monsters like the Hamster, Airbellum or "Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter" (which can be searched with Hamster too if needed and helps the mill strategy). Repeat the strategy to generate advantage with multiple Pot of Avarice activations, trigger Graveyard effects like "Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest" or "Manticore of Darkness", or win by decking your opponent out. Since this Deck can bring out Bicorn as many as 5 times in a single duel, destroying it that many times will finish with your opponent's Deck in no time, while you reload yours with Avarice.
- This card works well in conjunction with "Closed Forest" in a Beast-related deck, due to its effect of flooding the Graveyard with cards.
- Current OCG rulings allow you to suicide this card into an opponent's stronger monster and still get its effect. With this in mind, you can use traps like Miracle's Wake and Time Machine to bring back Bicorn during the battle phase, and repeatedly suicide it. If you can repeatedly do this, you can cause a huge amount of your opponent's deck to be destroyed, and possibly cause a Deck Out. (Keep in mind, this is risky, as your deck is affected as well.)
- With the above strategy, after you suicide it a second time, use either card to bring back another monster you control and then play Localized Tornado to rebuild your Deck.
- This card can synergize well with Performapal Celestial Magician in a Lightsworn deck or any other deck that can make use of a lot of Synchro Summons and a Beast Tuner.
- You can use this card in "Cat Synchro" Decks. Use "X-Saber Airbellum" as your Tuner monster.
- Beast-Type Tuners:
|Japanese name||Primary type||Attribute||Level/ Rank||ATK||DEF|
|Egotistical Ape||虚栄の大猿||Effect Monster||EARTH||5||1200||1200|
|Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts||極星獣グルファクシ||Effect Monster||LIGHT||4||1600||1000|
|Hop Ear Squadron||ホップ・イヤー飛行隊||Effect Monster||WIND||2||300||600|
|Key Mouse||キーマウス||Effect Monster||EARTH||1||100||100|
|Scrap Beast||スクラップ・ビースト||Effect Monster||EARTH||4||1600||1300|
|Scrap Orthros||スクラップ・オルトロス||Effect Monster||EARTH||4||1700||1100|
|The Fabled Catsith||魔轟神獣キャシー||Effect Monster||LIGHT||1||800||600|
|The Fabled Cerburrel||魔轟神獣ケルベラル||Effect Monster||LIGHT||2||1000||400|
|The Fabled Chawa||魔轟神獣チャワ||Effect Monster||LIGHT||1||200||100|
|The Fabled Peggulsus||魔轟神獣ペガラサス||Effect Monster||LIGHT||1||100||1600|
|The Fabled Rubyruda||魔轟神獣ルビィラーダ||Effect Monster||LIGHT||4||1100||800|
|Uni-Horned Familiar||一角獣の使い魔||Effect Monster||LIGHT||2||0||1000|
|Valerifawn, Mystical Beast of the Forest||森の聖獣 ヴァレリフォーン||Effect Monster||EARTH||2||400||900|
|X-Saber Airbellum||Ｘ－セイバー エアベルン||Effect Monster||EARTH||3||1600||200|
|Japanese name||Primary type||Secondary type||Attribute||Type||Level/ Rank||ATK||DEF|
|Lightning Tricorn||ライトニング・トライコーン||Synchro Monster|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.