- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Number 29: Mannequin Cat", "Rescue Ferret", "Transmodify", "Chaos Zone", "Machina Armored Unit", "Qliphort Genius" and "Psychic Shockwave".
- Use this card to force your opponent to initiate their Battle Phase to trigger effects during it (such as being forced to attack by "Evil HERO Malicious Fiend").
- One of the biggest virtues of "Timeater" is that without a Main Phase 1, your opponent normally can't Summon and then attack, so you usually have a turn to deal with whatever your opponent Summons in the way of "Timeater".
- Use cards like "Metalmorph", "Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind" and "Riryoku" to capitalize off the fact that "Timeater" almost always has the opportunity to attack a monster before the monster can attack it.
- "Timeater" can also offer a strange warding to monsters that need time to work, like "Stealth Bird" or "Swarm of Locusts", by virtue of keeping your opponent from having usable monsters during their Battle Phase.
- Combine with "Terminal World" to skip both Main Phases.
- This card is an excellent weapon to use while you have an activated "Helpoemer" in your Graveyard. Your opponent will be forced to enter their Battle Phase, forcing them to discard a card from their hand, even if they do not wish to conduct battle. "Black Garden" will give you a monster to destroy, creating a semi-lock. Add a Spirit monster or something else you can repeatedly summon to force the effect to go off every turn.
- Combine this card with "Thunder of Ruler" and/or "Frozen Soul" to skip your opponent's turn. If your opponent cannot enter their Battle Phase, then they cannot enter their Main Phase 2 either, essentially skipping their turn when "Timeater's" effect is also applied. "Great Long Nose" offers a repeatable, but less consistent, means of achieving the same outcome, due to the aforementioned monster requiring a Tribute under normal circumstances to be summoned.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.