- This card can be a good counter for swarming Decks, such as "Blackwing," "Six Samurai," "Lightsworn," "Yosenju." and Decks that Xyz Summon frequently (summon 2 monsters, then the third is the Xyz Summon) such as "Evilswarm," "Constellar," "Mermail" Decks and "Dragon Ruler" etc.
- This card can hinder a Synchro Deck by preventing low-Level monsters from swarming the field in one turn with effects such as "T.G. Striker" or "Quillbolt Hedgehog".
- This card is a handy side against "Rescue Rabbit" and "Tour Guide From the Underworld". Neither one can be used for an instant Xyz Summon.
- This card completely shuts down Quickdraw Dandywarrior Decks and any other decks that utilize "Quickdraw Synchron". Because these Decks revolve around Summoning a lot of Synchro Material in one turn, this card will force cards like "Debris Dragon" and Fluff Tokens to remain on the field, vulnerable.
- With "Summon Limit" active, "Torrential Tribute" becomes much easier to use. If the opponent Summons only one monster, they're not doing as much as they could, but if they Summon twice, you know that they can't Summon any more, so now is the best time to use "Torrential Tribute".
- This card can be useful to stop "Stardust Dragon". After your opponent has used up his or her Summons for the turn, activate a card like "Torrential Tribute" or "Mirror Force". If your opponent negates it, "Stardust Dragon" will not be able to return during the End Phase.
- "Summon Limit" works well against "Wind-Up" Decks, as it can completely shut down the first turn loop that they do, leaving them with useless monsters on the field, that can easily be overcome by monsters with high ATK, like "Thunder King Rai-Oh".
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.