- This card can be searched by "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Transmodify", "Soul Rope", "Resonator Engine", "Vampire Dragon", "Summoner Monk", "Dragunity Corsesca", "Sangan", "Rescue Ferret" and "UFO Turtle".
- This card can be Special Summoned from your hand using "The Thing in the Crater".
- "Solar Flare Dragon" is a Pyro monster, but is unable to protect itself with its effect. By having two or more "Solar Flare Dragons" on the field, they can protect each other from attacks, and will inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent at each of your End Phases. With three of them, the damage will increase to 1500 per turn.
- "Solar Flare Dragon" is also useful in a Volcanic Deck.
- Make your "UFO Turtles" suicide into your opponent's Monsters to get "Solar Flare Dragons" out quickly.
- Two of this card would work well with two "Elemental HERO Knospe" and a "Command Knight", because none of them could be targeted and you could inflict battle and effect damage with "Knospe" and "Solar Flare Dragon".
- Use "Level Limit - Area B", "Gravity Bind or "Wall of Revealing Light" so one "Solar Flare Dragon" can be protected from attacks.
- Use "Dark Room of Nightmare" while you have two or more "Solar Flare Dragons" on the field to deal extra damage.
- Summon the "The Thing in the Crater" then special summon "Goka, the Pyre of Malice" by its own effect and destroy "The Thing in the Crater", then Special Summon "Solar Flare Dragon" by the destroyed monsters effect.
- Use this card with "Messenger of Peace" to prevent it from being destroyed in battle.
- Combine this card with "Charcoal Inpachi". If "Charcoal Inpachi" has a small DEF boost, the combo will be almost impossible to destroy by battle.
- You can easily create another attack lock by having "Solar Flare Dragon" equipped with "Raregold Armor" and any Pyro monster.
- This card or any Spirit monster can single-handedly render a face-up "Light and Darkness Dragon" useless just by being face-up during its controller's End Phase.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.