- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Chaos Zone", "Witch of the Black Forest", "Magical Contract Door" and "Doomdog Octhros".
- There are many ways to make you get the edge after Norleras (or "Phantom of Chaos") has nuked the field. If you have "Plaguespreader Zombie" in your graveyard, you can use his cost to put "The Dark Creator" on top of your deck. Then nuke the field, draw "The Dark Creator" and special summon him immediately. Then use his effect to revive a strong dark monster like "Dark Horus" or "Archfiend Empress" and attack your opponent directly. Your opponent will be stuck topdecking to counter your assaults. If you summon "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" and use his effect to summon "Dark Horus", this deals 8100 damage - an OTK.
- Use "Giant Germ" to quickly fill your Graveyard with Fiends needed to Special Summon "Sky Scourge Norleras".
- Use cards like "Big Eye" or "Spellbook Organization" to ensure that you draw a helpful card after you use "Sky Scourge Norleras's" effect.
- This can be used as a back-up in a "Dark Necrofear" deck, as you will likely have an ample amount of DARK Fiend-Type monsters in your Graveyard, and one or two LIGHT Fairy-Type monsters due to support.
- You can remove "Sky Scourge Norleras" with "Phantom of Chaos's" effect for an easy field and hand wipe.
- Using "Cyber Valley" or "A Feather of the Phoenix" before activating the effect of "Sky Scourge Norleras" can give one an opportunity to control the rest of the duel, if the right card is chosen.
- Target "Gravity Behemoth" or "Majestic Mech - Ohka" with the effect of "A Feather of the Phoenix" before using this card effect. You'll get a 2300 or 2400 ATK monster to Normal Summon without tribute and attack your opponent directly.
- Alternatively, go for "Elemental HERO Bubbleman" to gain more card advantage over your opponent.
- You can chain "Interdimensional Matter Transporter" to the effect of "Sky Scourge Norleras" so that he gets to attack your opponent during your next turn while they have no cards, thus damaging them severely.
- Though, you should enjoy the card you've drawn with the effect of "Sky Scourge Norleras" to get an extra advantage.
- If you have "Red-Eyes Wyvern" or "Mezuki" in your Graveyard, you can activate their effects after using this card's effect. You will have strong Monsters (such as "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" or "Despair from the Dark") on your field, and your opponent will have nothing.
- You can use the effect of "Plaguespreader Zombie" to ensure a gameplay disadvantage to your opponent.
- This card can be summoned in "Burning Abyss" fairly easily. Burning Abyss Fiend monsters in your graveyard combined with a "Beatrice, Lady of Eternal" or "Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss" that is in your graveyard to summon Norleras. Then use the effect to wipe all cards clean from the game and drawing you a card. However the Burning Abyss monsters you discard and the "Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss" that are on the field will give you many more cards to help you end the game with Battle Damage.
- You can easily throw "Sky Scourge Norleras" to the grave using "Armageddon Knight" or "Dark Grepher". Then you can copy his effect using "Phantom of Chaos".
- This card works well for a "Hopeless Dragon", "One Turn Kill" Deck. You can copy Norleras' effect using "Phantom of Chaos". If your next card is "Dark Creator" you can special summon him and then summon a "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" from your grave and then use his effect to summon another powerful Dragon. Your opponent would have nothing to protect himself since all cards on the field and in his hand are thrown to the grave.
- Before you activate "Norleras" effect, activate "Gold Sarcophagus". The card will be unaffected by "Norleras" since it's in your banish zone, and will return to your hand, giving you further advantage over your opponent. You can also use "Evil HERO Infernal Gainer" in a similar way. You can also send "Dark Nephthys" to the graveyard with his own effect. It will survive "Norleras" nuke and special summon itself next turn.
- Be careful when using this card against "Infernity" decks, as the hand-wipe effect can actually help your opponent, especially if they draw "Infernity Archfiend" during their next draw.
- Use this card's effect while you have 1 or more "Lightserpent" in your hand. Their effects will special summon themselves, and have free direct attacks for 1200 damage each.
- If you stack "Yata-Garasu" by using "Plaguespreader Zombie" or "Lavalval Chain", you can draw it with this card's effect to lockdown your opponent.
- If you use "Painful Choice" to pick up "Norleras" and target 3 Fiends and 1 Fairy to Summon him and use "Dimension Fusion" to Summon the banished monsters for "Norleras'" Summon you may bring down the opponent easily after using his effect. But you should draw "Dimension Fusion" after using "Norleras'" effect.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.