- In a "Yang Zing" Deck, this card can be Synchro Summoned during the opponent's turn. The only previous set up needed for this combo are "Jiaotu, Darkness of the Yang Zing" and "Soul Charge":
- The effect of "Jiaotu" must be used to Special Summon 2 "Yang Zings", including "Suanni, Fire of the Yang Zing".
- "Jiaotu" and the non-"Suanni" must be used to Link Summon "Crystron Glassfiber", whose effect must be used to Special Summon "Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing".
- "Chiwen" and "Suanni" must then be used to Synchro Summon a Level 5 non-Tuner monster.
- "Soul Charge" must then be used to revive "Chiwen" and "Suanni", in order to Synchro Summon another Level 5 non-Tuner.
- During the opponent's Main Phase, the effect of "Crystron Glassfiber" can be used to Special Summon "Formula Synchron", which in turn can use its effect to Synchro Summon this card.
- "Soul Charge" can be used to revive all of the Synchro Materials of this card, in order to Synchro Summon a second copy of it or "Cosmic Blazar Dragon" or "Stardust Sifr Divine Dragon".
- This card can be temporarily banished by "Interdimensional Matter Transporter", "Wattpheasant" or "Dimensionhole" in order to Summon a free "Shooting Star Dragon".
- If this card is destroyed, "Shadow Impulse" can be used to Special Summon either "Red Nova Dragon" or "Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity" in addition to "Shooting Star Dragon".
- "Lava Golem", "Volcanic Queen", "Santa Claws", "The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode", and any "Kaiju" monster can take this card off the field by Tributing it, while also prevent it from Summoning "Shooting Star Dragon" by making it miss the timing.
- This card in the Extra Monster Zone can be sent to the Graveyard in order to Special Summon "Chimeratech Megafleet Dragon".
- "Lose 1 Turn" can potentially prevent this card from being Summoned, as it needs many monsters to be Special Summoned beforehand and those monsters may rely on activating their effects at some point. Also, even if this card is Synchro Summoned, you can get rid of it by using any removal card, like "Bottomless Trap Hole", "Compulsory Evacuation Device", etc.; since "Lose 1 Turn" will be continuously negating this card's effects during the turn it is Summoned, it will not be able to negate any of those cards.
- "Number C101: Silent Honor DARK" can be used to attach this card as an Xyz Material. Even if this card negates its effect and destroys it, it will Special Summon itself and then its controller will be able to activate its effect again.
- "Night Dragolich" can single-handedly get rid of this card. Since its effects are Continuous, it won't be negated by this card; coupled with the loss of its DEF, "Night Dragolich" will be able to destroy it by battle, as well as the "Shooting Star Dragon" Special Summoned afterwards.
- Alternatively, if there is a Defense Position "Number 41: Bagooska the Terribly Tired Tapir" on the field, this card's attempt to negate an effect that would take it off the field will be negated.
- "Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman" prevents this card from activating either of its effects.
- "Super Polymerization" can be used to get rid of this card, by using it as Fusion Material for "Elder Entity Norden", "El Shaddoll Construct", "Elemental HERO The Shining", "Gem-Knight Seraphinite", "Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste", "Sky Galloping Gaia the Dragon Champion", "Amulet Dragon", "Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman" etc.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.