- You can also Special Summon this card with "Forbidden Trapezohedron".
- This card can be destroyed by the effect of "Scrap Dragon", while it is a monster card or an equip card, to activate either effect, while also allowing you to destroy an opponent's card.
- "Offering to the Snake Deity" can be used to trigger this card's effect.
- After this card is equipped, destroy it with "Mystical Space Typhoon", "Double Cyclone" or similar cards to quickly gain control of the opponent's monster.
- "Release Restraint Wave" can be used to destroy your opponent's Set Spells and Trap Cards AND gain control of the equipped monster.
- In a "Alien" Deck, this card can be Summoned with "Alien Ammonite" + "Alien Dog", then after it equips itself you can return it to your Extra Deck with the effect of "Cosmic Fortress Gol'gar" (who can destroy this card to activate its effect). Finally, "Code A Ancient Ruins" can be used to revive the Synchro Materials, allowing you to repeat the combo.
- In a "Yang Zing" Deck, this card can be used with "Baxia, Brightness of the Yang Zing". The latter destroy this card to revive any Level 4 or lower monster, which can be used to activate either of this card's effects, or can revive it after it has used it's effects so that they may be used once again.
- In a banished psychic deck, use "Hushed Psychic Cleric" to banish "Esper Girl" from the grave, and then use it to synchro summon this card. (You can use "Fabled Lurrie" as Cleric's discard cost to reduce the cost of this combo). After you synchro summon Hastorr, Esper Girl will return from the banished zone and will banish the top card of your deck face-down. Tune Esper Girl and Hastorr to summon "Vulcan the Divine". Hastorr and Esper Girl get priority, so Hastorr will equip himself to a monster (preferably your opponent's strongest monster) while Esper girl will add the banished card from before to your hand. Vulcan's effect will then activate, allowing you to bounce Hastorr and one card of your opponent (preferably a backrow). This will trigger Hastorr's final effect, allowing you to steal the monster he was equipped to. If you used Lurrie this combo makes you go +1, while making the opponent go -1 and rendering one of his backrow mute for a turn.
- (ERRONEOUS: This combo doesn't work, since both Vulcan's and Hastor's bounce / equipping effect trigger at the same time / aka upon Vulcan's synchro summon. IOW, they're part of the same chain. No matter how this chain is built, Vulcan cannot target a face-up Hastor, since Hastor would ONLY become a face-up equip card AFTER resolving its effect, after building the chain.)
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.