- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Painful Escape", "Mound of the Bound Creator", "The True Name" and "Card of the Soul".
Summoning and utilizing
- In an "Ojama" Deck, with at least 3 of them in your Graveyard, use "Tri-Wight" for instant three Tributes.
- "Cosmic Compass" combined with "Double Summon" can make an excellent combo to Summon "Obelisk", providing that your opponent has at least 2 monsters in play.
- "Cosmic Compass" can also be used to benefit from the effect of "Obelisk". To destroy all of your opponent's monsters, play this card right and a deadly arsenal of Tributes for the price of one card.
- The effects of the "Piece Golems" can speed up this card's Summoning considerably.
- A good combo to use with the effect of "Obelisk the Tormentor" is to include cards that can be Special Summoned easily therefore getting monsters on the field to activate the effect of "Obelisk" to Tribute two monsters to destroy all of your opponent's monsters.
- "Fires of Doomsday" can be used for this card's ability to destroy all monsters your opponent controls.
- A decent way of preventing your "Obelisk" from falling into the hands of your opponent from "Creature Swap" since it does not target (given if it is your only monster out on the field), the card "Pole Position" can be used to prevent it from happening since the card does not target your "Obelisk" and negates Spells from affecting the strongest monster out on the field.
- However, be careful when using this strategy, as "Pole Position" may also destroy "Obelisk" when it leaves the field.
- A good combo to Summon this card is to use "One for One" in combination with "Destiny HERO - Malicious" and "Evil Thorn". Discard "Malicious" with "One for One" and Special Summon "Evil Thorn". Activate the effect of "Evil Thorn" in order to Summon two more. Then use the effect of "Malicious" to Summon another copy and then Tribute all three to Summon "Obelisk the Tormentor".
- When there are five monsters in your Graveyard, use "Soul Charge" to Summon those monsters, and then Tribute three of them for "Obelisk the Tormentor". The other two can be used for its effect. You will lose your Battle Phase, but "Obelisk" cannot attack the turn its effect is activated anyway.
- "Nightmare Archfiends" and "Owner's Seal" can be used as a combination to instantly Special Summon 3 monsters to Tribute for this card, which can also work for "The Winged Dragon of Ra" and "Slifer the Sky Dragon".
- This card works well in a "Banishment" Deck. By using the effect of either "D.D. Survivor" or "D.D. Scout Plane" while "Dimensional Fissure" or "Macro Cosmos" is in play, they can continuously be Tributed for the effect of "Obelisk" to clear your opponent's field.
- Use your opponent's monsters as Tributes for this card's effect using "Soul Exchange". The Battle Phase-skipping effect won't matter since this card cannot attack anyway, however this is only effective when your opponent have at least 3 or more monsters.
- With some good Insect-Type monsters to put in your Graveyard, "Spider Egg" can both protect yourself from an attack and Special Summon 3 "Spider Tokens", providing another way to Summon this card.
- Combine this card with "March of the Monarchs" or "Mound of the Bound Creator" to give yourself a virtually indestructible "Obelisk".
- Tribute "Hardened Armed Dragon" for the Normal Summon of "Obelisk" to make it virtually indestructible.
- The only ways to destroy this "Obelisk" is to Tribute him via "Lava Golem" or similar cards, or overpower it (unlikely without "Honest"). Additionally, "Crystal Abundance" and "Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo-Daedalus" will work as they do not destroy or target. "D.D. Warrior Lady", "Legendary Jujitsu Master", "Creature Swap" and "Guardian Sphinx" work too because they don't target.
- To temporarily prevent this card from being destroyed by battle, "DNA Transplant" and "Honest" can be used. Since neither cards target "Obelisk", by having "DNA Transplant" having your monsters be LIGHT monsters, should your opponent happen to have a monster stronger than "Obelisk", "Honest" can be discarded to prevent it from being destroyed by battle and inflict 4000 points of damage to your opponent.
- Monsters such as "Spirit Reaper", "Gellenduo" and "Marshmallon" are useful monsters to Summon this card, as they cannot be destroyed by battle.
- Special Summon 1500 ATK or lower monster and use "Inferno Reckless Summon" in order to Special Summon two more of the same monster. Tribute all three to Summon this card.
- "Machine Duplication" can placed monsters on your field quickly, allowing yourself to Tribute them to Summon this card or activate its effect. This can be combined with "Magnet Circle LV2" or "One for One" to get "Obelisk" out instantly.
- This card can be easily Summoned in a "Frog" Deck thanks to "Treeborn Frog" and "Ronintoadin". "Frog" Decks also Summon quickly enough to use "Obelisk" even without "Treeborn".
- If your opponent's field is full, "The Tricky" and "Tricky Spell 4" are a good combo to both Summon this card and use its effect to instantly clear your opponent's field.
- Use Photon Veil to get 3 copies of "Watapon" and Special Summon them by the effect of "Watapon", then Tribute them for "Obelisk".
- This card works well in a "The Seal of Orichalcos" Deck; your opponent cannot attack your weak monsters while "Obelisk" is on your field.
- With the introduction of Pendulum Summoning, gathering fodder for the Summoning and effect of "Obelisk" is effortless. Once "Obelisk" is in play, Tribute 2 Pendulums for its effect, then Pendulum Summon them right back into play for a swarm of free direct attacks.
- When used in a deck alongside "ABC-Dragon Buster": Activate the last effect of "ABC-Dragon Buster" during the End Phase of your opponent's turn to send it to the GY and special summon three of your banished LIGHT Machine type Union monsters so you have three tributes o your field to Normal Summon "Obelisk" during your turn.
- When used in a Cyber Dragon/LIGHT themed deck: Special Summon "Cyber Dragon" via its own effect while your monsters zones are empty, chain the effect of "Cyber Dragon Vier" (in your hand) afterwards to get out a second monster, then bring out "Catche Eve L2" (from your hand) via her own effect so you will have three special summoned monsters on your side which you can tribute for the Normal Summon of "Obelisk".
- "Obelisk" can be Normal Summoned easily with the Tokens summoned via the Flip effect of "Scapeghost".
- After summoning you have two tokens left over should you choose to activate "Obelisk's" effect.
- The effect of "Boot Sector Launch" combined with "Ojama Trio" can swarm your field with the needed amount of Rokket monsters quickly to tribute them for "Obelisk".
- Among the best choices to remove it are with cards that don't target like "Smashing Ground", using "Honest" to destroy it in battle or gain control of it with "Creature Swap" (this method often used in most "X-Saber" or "Gusto" Decks).
- This card will be a dead draw if your opponent has "Mask of Restrict" or "Fog King" because they prevent Tributing altogether. So be sure to deal with them first.
- "Hammer Shot", "Yomi Ship", "Blind Destruction", "Mirror Force", "Exploder Dragon", "Smashing Ground", "Widespread Ruin", "Judgment Dragon", "Lightning Vortex", "Torrential Tribute", "Dark Hole" and "Ally of Justice Catastor" can get rid of this card.
- A "Battlin' Boxer" Deck can with a little setup take down this card, while inflicting very heavy damage: Summon "Star Cestus" with at least one Material, and use its effect while clashing a "Boxer" with "Obelisk", not only inflicting battle damage, but also negating the effect of "Obelisk" until the end of the turn. During your Main Phase 2, Rank-Up your monster into "Comet Cestus", and use its effect to target and destroy "Obelisk", whose effects would be negated, and inflict 4000 damage, which might end the game. "Rank-Up-Magic Numeron Force" can make this even faster.
- An "Utopia" Deck can Summon easily enough "Number 99: Utopic Dragon", which with a small boost (like from "Onomatopia") can destroy the God card. An "Utopia" Xyz Monster equipped with a few "ZW -" cards can also achieve this, not to mention that "Number 39: Utopia Beyond" and "Number C39: Utopia Ray Victory" can do the job by themselves.
- Notes on destroying "Obelisk" by battle: The key is getting a monster to 4000 ATK or more during a single turn.
- The card "Metalmorph" is very useful since it gives any monster with more than 1700 ATK the power to destroy "Obelisk". Many Level 4 monster have enough ATK when equipped with "Metalmorph".
- Several Fusion Monsters are strong enough to destroy "Obelisk" by battle, but it can be difficult to Summon powerful ones in one turn. If "Obelisk" is Summoned later in the game, try to use "Miracle Fusion" (to Summon "Elemental HERO Shining Flare Wingman" or "Elemental HERO The Shining") or "Overload Fusion" (to Summon "Chimeratech Overdragon").
- If a direct attack from "Obelisk" were to happen (which won't have very pretty results), "Gorz the Emissary of Darkness" can be Summoned or activate "The Golden Apples" which will create a Token powerful enough to destroy "Obelisk".
- If there is "Shooting Quasar Dragon", "Obelisk" can be destroyed, and also be able to Summon "Shooting Star Dragon" from your Extra Deck.
- "Vylon" Decks (element swarming variant) can Synchro Summon "Vylon Omega", whose effect will destroy "Obelisk" instantly.
- Using "Prideful Roar" (assuming there are enough Life Points), any monster virtually able to defeat "Obelisk".
- Use the effect of "Heroic Champion - Excalibur" to double its original ATK, then attack "Obelisk" to destroy it.
- "Darkness Neosphere" can destroy "Obelisk" in battle without destroying itself.
|Japanese name||Primary type||Secondary type||Attribute||Type||Level/ Rank||ATK||DEF|
|光の創造神 ホルアクティ||Effect Monster||DIVINE||Creator God||12||?||?|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.