- This card can be searched by "Dark Sage", "Ancient Gear Drill", "Angmarl the Fiendish Monarch", "Left Arm Offering", "Terraforming", "An Owl of Luck", "Demise of the Land", "Ancient Fairy Dragon", "Madolche Butlerusk", "Planet Pathfinder", "Pop-Up", "Set Rotation", and "Gravekeeper's Commandant".
- Special Summon "Gilasaurus" while this card is on the field. "Gilasaurus" will still be Summoned with its effect, but your opponent will not get to Special Summon a monster from their Graveyard.
- This is useful against "Dark Armed Dragon", as players are prevented from banishing any cards in any Graveyard.
- Use this to protect your "Exodia" pieces in your Graveyard, which in turn also protects "Exodia Necross" and prevents "The Legendary Exodia Incarnate" from weakening itself each turn.
- Any Trap based Deck (such as "Bad Reaction to Simochi") can benefit from a "Gravekeeper's Spy" Deck thinning/swarming/having 2500 DEF with this card and "A Cat of Ill Omen" to easily get the Traps into your hand.
- This card can interrupt and temporarily disrupt strategies for some "Blackwing" Decks, but not all and not against basic counter-strategies. It negates the effects of "Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North", "Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor" and "Dark Eruption".
- Use this card against "Chaos Dragon" Decks (and other similar Graveyard-based Decks) in order to slow them down, and reduce the amount of monsters your opponent can play at any given time.
- This card works well against "Gem-Knight" Decks, as this will prevent them from banishing their own monsters to retrieve "Gem-Knight Fusion".
- This card can be absolutely disastrous against a Psychic Deck, since "Silent Psychic Wizard", "Hushed Psychic Cleric", "Psychic Lifetrancer" and "Overmind Archfiend" cannot activate their effects. It also blocks the effect of "Grandsoil the Elemental Lord", which is found in most EARTH-based Psychic Decks.
- Be sure to have "Gravekeeper's Chief" out when this card is on the field as "Chief" prevents your Graveyard from being affected by "Necrovalley", making "Monster Reborn" and the effect of "Dark Armed Dragon" usable.
- Nevertheless, it is risky to put these Graveyard-interacting cards in your "Gravekeeper's" Deck because without "Chief" on the field they are complete dead draws.
- However, keep in mind that because "Chief" unlock access to your Graveyard, your opponent can also exploit it for activating their "D.D. Crow" or "Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer", so be very careful.
- Although somewhat illogical, "Gusto" Decks can also exploit this card (mostly in anti-meta builds) for locking down the opponent's options. This is useful against other Graveyard-based Decks, while still leaving "Caam, Serenity of Gusto" and "Daigusto Gulldos" able to activate their effects safely. This can be done since both of their shuffling effects are costs, which are unaffected by "Necrovalley".
- This card completely negates the effect of Zombie World.
- As this card prevents cards in the Graveyards from being moved elsewhere by card effects, even by their own, use milling cards (such as "Gravekeeper's Servant" and "Soul Levy") to drain your opponent of resources before they can even use them.
|Japanese name||Primary type||Secondary type||Attribute||Type||Level/ Rank||ATK||DEF|
|A Cat of Ill Omen||不幸を告げる黒猫||Effect Monster||Flip monster||DARK||Beast||2||500||300|
|Gravekeeper's Assailant||墓守の暗殺者||Effect Monster||DARK||Spellcaster||4||1500||1500|
|Gravekeeper's Chief||墓守の長||Effect Monster||DARK||Spellcaster||5||1900||1200|
|Gravekeeper's Commandant||墓守の司令官||Effect Monster||EARTH||Spellcaster||4||1600||1500|
|Gravekeeper's Heretic||墓守の異端者||Effect Monster||DARK||Spellcaster||4||1800||1500|
|Gravekeeper's Shaman||墓守の祈祷師||Effect Monster||DARK||Spellcaster||6||1500||1500|
|Gravekeeper's Supernaturalist||墓守の異能者||Fusion Monster|
|An Owl of Luck||幸運を告げるフクロウ||Effect Monster||Flip monster||WIND||Winged Beast||2||300||500|
|Japanese name||Card type||Property|
|Hidden Temples of Necrovalley||ネクロバレーの祭殿||Spell Card|
Continuous Spell Card
|Continuous Spell Card|
|Imperial Tombs of Necrovalley||ネクロバレーの王墓||Trap Card|
Counter Trap Card
|Counter Trap Card|
|Necrovalley Temple||ネクロバレーの神殿||Trap Card|
Continuous Trap Card
|Continuous Trap Card|
|Rite of Spirit||降霊の儀式||Trap Card|
Normal Trap Card
|Normal Trap Card|
|Royal Tribute||王家の生け贄||Spell Card|
Normal Spell Card
|Normal Spell Card|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.