- This card uses the current ATK or DEF of your monster. This is beneficial when you use abilities and cards to increase your monster's ATK/DEF. Due to this being a Quick-Play Spell Card, it can be activated from your hand at any time during your turn as well as set on the field and activated on your opponent's turn. This becomes increasingly beneficial when it can be activated in the middle of a chain and prevent the loss of your monster to a card like "Fissure" or "Raigeki Break".
- Use on a monster affected by "Limiter Removal" or summoned by "Power Bond", immediately after they attack.
- Attack with a monster whose ATK was raised by "Union Attack", then use this card to Tribute that monster. Note that even if the monster affected by "Union Attack" leaves the field, your other monsters cannot attack on the turn "Union Attack" is used.
- Use on a monster targeted by "Unity" (preferably after the Damage Step in which it was attacked) in order to gain a lot of Life Points.
- Under "Lair of Darkness", you can Tribute your opponent's monster and gain Life Points equal to its ATK/DEF.
- Use on a high-ATK monster whose effect would remove it at the end of the turn anyway, such as "Gaia Soul the Combustible Collective", "Infernal Dragon" or "Majestic Mech - Ohka".
- While you control "Ancient Sacred Wyvern" or "Number 43: Manipulator of Souls", use this card to Tribute another of your monsters that just attacked, in order to increase the ATK of "Wyvern" or "Number 43" for their attacks (and also for "Number 43" to inflict damage).
- This card can be used in a "Hieratic" Deck. Not only you protect your Dragons against cards like "Bottomless Trap Hole" or "Dimensional Prison", but you will also gain Life Points AND will activate the effect of the Tributed monster.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.