- This card can be searched by "Temple of the Kings", "Dogu", "Single Purchase" "Dragunity Corsesca", "Transmodify", "Mimiclay", "Broken Blocker", "Sangan", "Rescue Ferret", "Spirit of the Fall Wind", "Subterror Behemoth Apparition", "Serpentine Princess", "Vampire Dragon",, "Giant Rat", "BOXer", "Frontline Observer", "Naturia Sacred Tree", "Ninjitsu Art of Transformation", "Insect Imitation", "Verdant Sanctuary", "Danipon", "Gokipon", "Howling Insect" and "Retaliating "C"".
- Avoid flipping "Man-Eater Bug" while your opponent has no monsters or you'll have to destroy one of your own. However you if you run primarily a dinosaur run deck, you could use it to destroy a Petiteranodon or Babycerasaurus on your side of the field to active their effects.
- It is generally considered better to play "Old Vindictive Magician" than "Man-Eater Bug" because Spellcasters have arguably more support, and "Apprentice Magician" is insanely easy to play. After having any number of "Apprentice Magician" destroyed by battle, simply summon a "Old Vindictive Magician" to destroy the monster giving you trouble.
- A small advantage that this card has over "Old Vindictive Magician" is that if you are being affected by a card such as "Ground Collapse" and need to clear a space in order to summon something such as "Breaker the Magical Warrior" to destroy "Ground Collapse" you can have Man-Eater Bug choose to destroy itself or any other monster you control.
- Using "Verdant Sanctuary", you can add another copy of this card to your hand from your deck as soon as the first one is destroyed, provided it wasn't destroyed while face-down.
- Use this card to destroy "Yubel", so you can Special Summon its advanced forms.
- Flip summon this card to get rid of the "Lava Golem" that your opponent gave you.
- You can use "Book of Moon" for Flipping this card face-down again
- As long as it is not during the Damage Step, you can have "Man-Eater Bug" destroy itself or any other monster you control to Special Summon "Meklord Emperor Granel", "Meklord Emperor Skiel" or "Meklord Emperor Wisel" providing you with the options to absorb your opponent's synchro monster or negate opponent's spells once per turn with "Meklord Emperor Wisel".
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.