- This card works well with Spellcaster Decks.
- This card works well with "Secret Village of the Spellcasters" because your opponent cannot play Spell or Trap Cards.
- With the release of "Mara of the Nordic Alfar", this card can be easier to Summon. Be aware, though: the other Synchro Material Monsters will be from your hand, and they must be 2 "Nordic" monsters whose Levels total 8.
- You can use a "Burial from a Different Dimension" to return your "Nordic Alfar" Tuners to the Graveyard to keep reviving this card.
- If your opponent has a field full of Monsters, you can use "Diffusion Wave-Motion" to devastate your opponent's field.
- If you use "Nordic Relic Megingjord", you can severely impact your opponent's LP, especially when combined with a piercing effect.
- "Dark Illusion" can protect this card from counter-strategies your opponent may use, while "Black Illusion" will render this card immune to opposing effects that do not target for the turn.
- If this card is being attacked then use "Nordic Relic Megingjord" to make 6600 ATK monster and have massive damage to your opponent.
- Then use "Enlightenment" to attack your opponent again.
- You can Summon this card in one turn by having "Salvage Warrior", "Svartalf of the Nordic Alfar" and "One for One" in your hand, and "Level Eater" in your hand or Deck.
- Activate "One for One", discarding "Svartalf of the Nordic Alfar" and Summoning "Level Eater", Tribute "Level Eater" for "Salvage Warrior" and use his effect to revive "Svartalf of the Nordic Alfar", then use "Level Eater's" effect one either of the two and you have the setup for "Loki, Lord of the Aesir".
- This also works for other level 10 Synchro Monsters, or any rank 5 Xyz Monster if you don't use the effect of "Level Eater".
- This card is really helpful against very dangerous Spell/Trap Card such as "Shrink", "Mirror Force", "Dimensional Prison" etc.
- When a monster is destroyed by battle, Special Summon Tanngnjostr of the Nordic Beasts. During your Standby phase, bring Mimir of the Nordic Ascendant back from the grave through his own effect. Then, use Tanngnjostr of the Nordic Beasts to bring out another Nordic Beast. Then, sacrifice the other beast to Tribute Summon Svartalf of the Nordic Alfar. You can then Synchro Summon Loki.
- If you equip this card with "Bound Wand", you won't need to banish a "Nordic Alfar" Tuner monster the first time this card is destroyed.
- "Nordic Alfar" Tuner monsters that can both be used as Synchro Material and be banished from the Graveyard:
|Japanese name||Primary type||Attribute||Type||Level/ Rank||ATK||DEF|
|Mara of the Nordic Alfar||極星霊スヴァルトアールヴ||Effect Monster||DARK||Spellcaster||2||1000||500|
|Svartalf of the Nordic Alfar||極星霊デックアールヴ||Effect Monster||DARK||Spellcaster||5||1400||1600|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.