- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Doomdog Octhros" and "Tour Bus To Forbidden Realms".
- This card's Summoning condition cannot be avoided by your opponent unless they know you have this card in your hand and can activate "Mask of Restrict", "Fog King" or a floodgate on Special Summoning. Therefore, it is best used to remove your opponent's monsters that cannot be targeted, cannot be destroyed or are simply unaffected by other card effects.
- Keep this card immobilized by using "Spellbinding Circle", "Nightmare Wheel" or "Mask of the Accursed" on it. Assuming your opponent does not gain any Life Points, this card alone should take eight of their turns to burn them from full health.
- Each of "Nightmare Wheel" and "Mask of the Accursed" reduces the stalling time to six of their turns.
- Other burn cards such as "Misfortune" and "Wave-Motion Cannon" can reduce the stalling time even further.
- Add "Curse of the Circle" so that your opponent cannot Tribute "Lava Golem" or use it for a Synchro Summon.
- If you summon this card while your opponent is low enough on Life Points, have "Remove Brainwashing" or "Owner's Seal" ready to activate, so that you take back control of "Lava Golem" immediately after removing your opponent's monsters and make up for not being able to Normal Summon. Then activate a card like "White Veil" to make sure your opponent cannot respond to the attack that would finish them off.
- "Change of Heart" can be used to take control of "Lava Golem" for a direct attack, giving it back in time to burn your opponent.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.