- You can easily summon this card in Dragon-oriented deck. First, bring out "Divine Dragon Ragnarok" to the field with "Masked Dragon". You may then Fusion Summon King Dragun with "Polymerization" and "Lord of D.", or with "The Dark - Hex-Sealed Fusion" for its effect. You can also Fusion Summon from the Graveyard with "Dragon's Mirror".
- "Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb" can also bring out Ragnarok, and also setting up for Xyz Summoning "Queen Dragun Djinn" by using those two as Xyz Materials. If Ragnarok is detached, you can use "Dragon's Mirror" for Fusion Summoning this card (assuming you already have remaining materials on your field or your Graveyard).
- "Lord of D." and "The Dark - Hex-Sealed Fusion" can be searched via "Mystic Tomato" (if included). You can also try combination between "Tour Guide From the Underworld" and "Versago the Destroyer" to bring out the materials quickly, or "King of the Swamp" (for searching "Polymerization").
- Combo this card with "Stardust Dragon" or "Prime Material Dragon" to grant near-perfect protection.
- If both this card and "Queen Dragun Djinn" are on the field at the same time, all of your Dragons are nearly invulnerable. To summon both easier, use at least one "Divine Dragon Ragnarok" to summon "Queen Dragun Djinn", and after using her effect, summon this card using "Dragon's Mirror".
- However, Queen cannot use her effect to protect herself. Summon "Golem Dragon" for covering this weakness.
- This card combos well with "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon". This allows you to make a second Special Summon and put you in control of three or more Dragon-type monsters in one turn.
- Combine this card with "Queen Dragun Djinn" for more effectiveness. While this card Summon monsters from your hand, Queen can Summon monsters from your Graveyard, basically this combo has the almost same coverage that Red-Eyes are also capable of, making them near-perfect combination.
- Disaster Dragon decks can utilize this combination into its fullest, especially since Red-Eyes' Limitation.
- "DNA Surgery" would work well with this card, giving all of your monsters protection from your opponent's card effects whether or not they were originally Dragon-types and turning your opponent's monsters into Dragons, preventing your opponent from using effects that would target their own monsters as well as your own, such as Equip Spell Cards and certain monster effects like "Cybernetic Magician". This is especially deadly against Decks that rely on the Equipping mechanic like "Cyberdarks" or "Inzektors".
- Equipping this card with "Metalsilver Armor" forces your opponent to target this monster for ANY effect that must target, even their own Equip Spells. However, because of this card's effect, it cannot be targeted, locking your opponent from using any Spell, Trap, or Monster Effect that targets and quickly filling their hand with now-useless cards, such as "Tribute to the Doomed" and "Monster Reborn" (as "Metalsilver Armor" also redirects targeting in the Graveyard).
- If you control 2 "Golem Dragons" and this card (while equipped with "Metalsilver Armor"), it creates a very effective lockdown.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.