- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Transmodify", "Rescue Ferret", "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV4", "Level Up!", "Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation", "Dragonic Guard", "Draconnection" and "Hieratic Dragon King of Atum".
- This card can be Special Summoned by "The Flute of Summoning Dragon", "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" and "King Dragun".
- Dynatherium is a great partner for this card, serving not only as a quick tribute fodder, but allowing your opponent to summon a weak monster from the graveyard (works especially if they do not know what you are planning) for you to destroy by battle to summon its higher form.
- "Nightmare's Steelcage" and "Messenger of Peace" work great with this card because it's unaffected by spell cards, so your opponent is stuck while you can attack.
- Don't forget that your "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6" is able to attack while your opponent has a "Swords of Revealing Light" face up on the field.
- A common misconception is that "Level Up!" does not work on "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6". In fact, sending it to the Graveyard is a cost for "Level Up!", not an effect, and "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6" is only immune to the effects of Spell Cards.
- "Ojama Trio" can provide easy targets for "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6" to destroy, allowing it to level up quickly.
- Another common mistake is that most duelists don't realize they can activate "Level Modulation" etc. on "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6", because it is only unaffected from Spell Cards while face-up on the field.
- There are occasions where you may not want to level "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6" up right away; for example, if the opponent has a "Swords of Revealing Light" active. "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" can negate Spell Cards, but it is still affected by the effects of Continuous Spells that it could not negate. Additionally, LV6 is immune to your own "Dark Hole", while LV8 can only negate it completely.
- Use "Lord of D.", "King Dragun" or "Jinzo" to keep your opponent from destroying "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6" with non-Spell means.
- This card combos well with Field Spell Cards that has a draw back like "Venom Swamp", "Black Garden", "Ancient Forest" and "Future Visions".
- You can summon this card easily by paying 1000 life points as the cost for "Star Blast", and level it up into LV8 the same turn if you destroy a monster by battle on the turn you've summoned it. This will give you a very quick advantage by being able to block all Spell Cards your opponent uses.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.